Digital Voter ID Card – Check Your Name
Digital Voter ID Card Download online at the official website that is- voterportal.eci.gov.in login to get the EPIC Voter Card to check with photograph application check the e-epic status. A voter ID card is one of the most important documents in India. It is compulsory to have a voter card to vote in India. In addition to the vote, it also serves as proof of identity as it shows the holder’s name, residence details, signature, and photograph. Digital voter ID cards are also known as the e-Epic (voter photo ID cards)
How to download Voter List?
• Visit the website eci.nic.in/ .
• On the side of the page, you will see an option ‘PDF Electoral Roll’.
• After clicking on the link, a page containing the link to the electoral roll of all the state will open. Click on the state from where you are registered as a voter.
• After clicking on the state in which you reside, you will see a list of districts that belong to that state. Click on the district in which you reside.
• After clicking on the name of the district, you will see a list of AC names on the page. Click on the AC name from which you are registered to vote.
• Next, you will see a list of polling stations belonging to that AC. Select the option ‘Draft Roll’ next to your polling station.
• You should be able to see the voting list and download voter ID.
How To Download Digital Voter ID Card Through App
The steps to apply for the digital voter ID card are as follows
• First of all, the candidate should have to visit the National voter’s service portal (NSVP) website.
• Then, on the home page of the website click on the register of new voter Id option.
• Now, “form no. 6” will appear on the candidate’s screen.
• After that, open the form and enter all the required info in it.
• Now, click on the submit and submit the form.
• Lastly, the candidate has to upload all required documents like photograph, signature and address proof. You will also get a reference number for tracking the application status.
Visit the website http://electoralsearch.in/
• After visiting the website you can search for your name on the voter list by two methods.
• The first method is by clicking on the ‘Search by Details’ option.
Individuals who wish to check if their names have been included in the voter’s list or those who wish to check any details pertaining to their Voter ID card can do so by following the steps outlined below:
Visit the National Voter’s Service Portal, the official website for all voter-related information run by the Election Commission of India.
Select the ‘Search Your Name in Electoral Roll’ option from among those provided.
Pick from the search options available (and listed above) and enter the details accordingly.
The results will be displayed on screen depending on the information being available in the database.
Individuals who have register to vote should make it a point to check the electoral roll to ensure their name is mentioned to avoid being denied the right to vote at elections. In case of a name being absent from the database, the individual can contact the nearest electoral office and notify the officer of this.
Guidelines For Applying for Digital Voter ID Card
• The person applying for the voter ID card should follow the following guidelines.
• The candidate must be of the legal age of 18 years or older than that.
• The candidate must be of sound mind and not have any criminal record or any bankruptcy.
• The applicant has to fill form6 and put up all of the important files specified withinside the form. All the files need to be original.
• Voter ID cards can most effective be carried out from authority’s web sites or web sites accredited with the aid of using the authorities. There aren’t anyt any non-public web sites or third-party which can trouble voter Id card in India.
• All the info laid out in form6 must be correct and not using a spelling mistake. All the records supplied must be legally correct. All files must be cautiously proven by the candidate.
Search your name on the electoral list by entering your details
• Enter all your personal details on the website such as your name, date of birth, age and constituency of residence, from where you have been registered as a voter.
• Next enter the code that you are seeing on the captcha image and then click on search. If you are able to see your name below the submit button, your name is on the voter list, otherwise, there is a very good chance that your name is missing from the voters’ list.
Search your name in Voter List by EPIC number
• Enter the EPIC number in the box. Then select the state of your residence.
• Next, type the code that you see in the captcha image.
• If your name is in the voters’ list then you will be able to see the name below the submit otherwise there is a very good chance that your name is not on the voters’ list.
Importance of the Voting List
• The electoral roll is a document that lists the names of registered voters for a particular constituency.
• In the electoral roll, there is no discrimination against anyone on any parameter. The document also ensures that the election process is carried out in a procedural manner.
• The list also ensures that if your name is not present on the list, you will be denied the right to vote.
• The updating process in the voters’ list is also important as all those people who have turned 18 years of age and are eligible to vote, provided they have their names added to the list. The names of people who are deceased but still have their names on the voters’ list will be removed.
• The updation process of electoral rolls also confirms that no fake voters have been included in the list. This has proved to be a major problem in the past.
The following details are included in the electoral roll:
• The full name of the person
• Date of birth
• Signature sample
• National ID number
• Registration address
• Code of the polling station
• Name of the polling station
• Area or locality
The electoral authorities use these details to authorise the person’s identity at the election booths.
Process To Track The Voter ID Application
In the latest update of the online voter card, candidates can also track their candidacy. The check can be done on the website of the state election commission.
Each state has its own electoral commission. Follow the steps below to monitor the status of your request
• First of all, you need to visit the official eb portal of CEO (chief electoral officer).
• After that, on the home page of the website, select “know the voter ID status” option.
• Now, you will be able to see the updated status of your application form.
You can also check the status of applications on the national voter services portal.
On the home page of National voters’ service portal, you have to click on the “track application status”.
After that you need to enter the application number or the EPIC number.
Now, you will be asked for the following details:
• Candidate’s Name
• Candidate’s Date Of Birth (Dob)
• Candidate’s Gender
• State Or Union Territory
• District Constituency
• Candidate’s Father’s Name
• Lastly, click on the “search” option and you will get all the required details regarding to your Voter ID card status.
What To Do If You Not Received Voter ID?
There can be situation where you have applied for voter Id card, but you have not received it. Steps to be taken in that situation are as under-
• First of all, you can visit the official web portal of the “election commission of India” or your nearest election officer.
• After the submission of form 6, you must have received reference number. Enter that number and all other information.
• Now, click on the “Track status” option.
• And lastly, you can track your application and see the updated status of it.
• You can upload your duplicate voter ID online by visiting the National Voter Service (NVSP) page.
You must then click on “Find your name in the electoral lists” and fill in the required fields. This will allow you to download a provisional Digital Voter ID Card.
Digital Voter ID Card Portal: Click Here
Check your name is on Voter List Online: Click Here