Fake Job Updates
- Think once before applying for this job …
- Beware of such fraudulent advertisements in newspapers.
- Such a false advertisement is fraudulently made by the fraudster.
- Always stay away from advertising … be alert … be safe …
- Cyber Crime … Fake Job Advertisement
- Share with your friends so that no one falls victim to this fraud.
Modus operandi: Steps
For most scamsters, online job portals are a popular haunt to find prey. Here’s how they proceed:
1. Applicant profiles accessed from job recruitment sites.
2. Mass mailers sent to potential candidates.
3. Fraudsters pose as job consultants, set up fake websites, temporary ‘offices’.
4. Candidates are asked to deposit registration fees via wallet or bank transfers.
5. Online or telephonic interviews are conducted.