- Schools to ensure that all Students, Parents, Staff and Management shall actively participate in the Fit India School Week 2020 programme
- Schools may create a new page on their website titled “Fit India School Week 2020” and a brief about the activities undertaken and related pictures/videos can be uploaded on it.
- Schools should register themselves on https://fitindia.gov.in/fit-india-school-week and upload photos and video link related to the event
- All registered schools may download a Digital Certificate which can be downloaded from Fit India Portal after successful conduct of the Fit India School Week.
- Schools are also encouraged to share/post activities conducted on their social media channels with #NewIndiaFitIndia and tag @FitIndiaOff
On 29 Aug 2019, the Hon’ble Prime Minister launched nation-wide “Fit India Movement” aimed to encourage people to inculcate physical activity and sports in their everyday lives and daily routine.
School is the first place where habits are formed. School children should be encouraged to indulge in active field time during school hours involving fitness and sports activities. This will instil in students the understanding for regular physical activity and higher levels of fitness, thus enhancing self-esteem and confidence in them. Keeping these objectives in mind, Fit India School Week program was launched in 2019.
This year “Fit India School Week” will be celebrated virtually by schools in December.
Track your workout with your phone or watch
Get instant insights when you exercise and see real-time statistics for your runs, walks and bike rides. Fit will use your Android phone’s sensor or wear OS through the heart rate sensors of the Google Smartwatch to record your speed, speed, route and more.
Watch your daily progress on the goal of your heart points and steps. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
If you walk, run, or ride a bike all day, your Android phone or ware OS will automatically detect your activities in your Google Fit Journal via Google Smartwatch and ensure that you get credit for each move. Enjoy different types of workouts? Choose it from a list of activities like pilates, rowing or spinning and Google Fit will track all the heart points you earn.