Free Ship Card For SC Category Students & Full Details :What is a free ship card?
The Government of India has implemented the Government of India Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for students belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) communities. Under this scheme, students who wish to get admission in self-governing institutions (private colleges or universities) and those who have got admission can get admission in Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes through “Free Ship Card” without paying any fee.
Thus, the students have to apply for a free ship card in the social welfare department of their district. He can then get a free ship card and get admission in a private college or university as he deems necessary. Thus, those students can get admission in independent institutions by presenting free ship card and waiving their payable fees.
- Those students who belong to SC/ST category and whose Parents / Guardian having annual income up to Rs.2,50,000/- per year or below are eligible for Scholarship.
- Students get 100% tuition fees.
Required Documents :
About Scheduled Caste Students
Appropriate conditions to inform all the self-reliant institutions under the Department of Education for admission under the Free Ship Card
- The District Backward Classes Welfare Officer will take adequate care of the students who are eligible for the Free Ship Card under the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme sponsored by the Government of India for the Scheduled Caste students.
- These instructions of the Department of Education will be in force till the time this scheme of the Government of India is in force. It will then have to be considered an automatic cancellation.
- After the commencement of the academic session in the self-reliant institutions affiliated to the Department of Education, the students of Scheduled Castes who will be eligible for the Free Ship Card under the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme sponsored by the Government of India. Considering the guarantee of the welfare officer, the same amount has to be returned to the student.
Documents required to get a free ship card:
- Certified copy of Ration Card / Election Identity Card / Aadhaar Card
- Certified copy of first page of passbook for bank account number
- Certified copy of School Living Certificate
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate
- S.S.C. Attested copy of mark sheet of passed and subsequent academic year
- Certified copy of certificate of competent officer of last year’s annual income
- Certified copy of the annual income certificate of the previous year of the office / institution if the parents of the student are employed
- SSC. If there is a break in C and subsequent courses, the reason for it and what activity has been done and if the break time is more than 1 year, then during that time no scholarship has