NEW GPSC Syllabus of Class 1-2-3 (UPDATE 2020)
In this article, you will find the complete GPSC Syllabus for entry into Gujarat Administrative Services and Gujarat Civil Services conducted by Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC).GPSC 2020 notification has been released. Aspirants can refer to the linked article for more GPSC recruitment-related details. Any changes in the GPSC syllabus will be updated once official notice is published.GPSC exam is conducted in 2 stages.Stage 1: Preliminary Exam (Objective Type)Stage 2: Mains Exam (Written and Personal Interview)It is important to carefully go through the entire GPSC syllabus, so as not to waste time on reading irrelevant things from the exam point of view.
GPSC exam syllabus is similar to the UPSC Syllabus; the only difference is GPSC syllabus will have topics on History, Culture, Geography concerning the state of Gujarat.Candidates can check eligibility for the GPSC exam.
- To tackle questions on Science and Technology, as per GPSC Exam Syllabus candidates do not require any kind of specialization from the science stream.
- Under the History section, as per GPSC Exam Syllabus, candidates need to focus on the History of Gujarat.
- As per GPSC Syllabus, under the Geography section candidates have to prepare for the social and economic geography of Gujarat and India.
GPSC Exam Pattern
GPSC conducts the exam in 3 stages
- Prelims – 2 papers – Objective type questions (MCQ)
- Mains – 6 papers – Descriptive type questions
GPSC Exam Pattern for GPSC Prelims is given below
GPSC Exam Pattern for Mains exam is given below
The GPSC Personality Test/ Interview is held for candidates who clear the GPSC Mains stage of the GPSC exam. The interview (in the GPSC exam pattern) is for 100 marks and tests the general awareness, character, expression, personality, intelligence, and general suitability for the service.
GPSC Exam Syllabus – Prelims
The GPSC Syllabus overlaps significantly with the UPSC Syllabus for IAS exam. With the new GPSC pattern and GPSC Syllabus, candidates preparing simultaneously for the Civil Services Exam (UPSC) and state civil services exam will have a slightly easier task.
The GPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is given below.
- Cultural Heritage
- Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
- Mental Ability
Paper -2 :
- Indian Economy and Planning
- Science and Technology
- Current events of regional, national and international importance
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the GPSC exams from the link below:
- GPSC exam eligibility criteria
GPSC Exam Syllabus for Mains
GPSC exam for Mains exam consists of the following papers:
- Paper 1 – Gujarati
- Paper 2 – English
- Paper 3 – Essay
- Paper 4 – General Studies 1
- Paper 5 – General Studies 2
- Paper 6 – General Studies 3
The detailed GPSC Exam Syllabus for General Studies Paper-1 of Mains exam is given below
GPSC Syllabus Prelims and Mains
GPSC Syllabus For Class 1 & 2:- Download PDF Here
GPSC Syllabus For Class 3:- Download PDF Here