- Special credit facility of Rs 5,000 crore for 50 lakh street vendors, street vendors will get a benefit of Rs 10,000
- Plans to provide affordable housing to overseas laborers and the urban poor will be discounted on the construction of these houses.
- Kisan credit scheme to include fisheries, animal husbandry, Rs 2 lakh crore loan at cheaper rates
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today announced the second phase of the breakup of the Rs 20 lakh crore relief package. Sitharaman today announced a Rs 3.10 lakh crore package for farmers, overseas laborers and real estate. A scheme of ‘One Nation-One Ration’ card has also been announced today to make it easier for foreign workers to get rations in any state. The first phase on Wednesday saw a number of announcements for small businesses, real estate, organized sector workers and others.
- The finance minister said 3 crore farmers have taken loans at cheap interest rates. He has taken a total agricultural loan of Rs 4 lakh crore. In March-April, 63 lakh agricultural loans were given. It was 86 thousand 600 crores. This benefited the farmers.
- The central government has increased financial assistance to the states for crop procurement by Rs 6,700 crore. Rs 4200 crore has been provided for infrastructure development in rural areas.
- The interest subvention scheme for small farmers has been extended till May 31.
An additional fund of Rs 30,000 crore for small farmers will be released immediately by NABARD. So that the sowing of rabi crop can be expedited. It will benefit 3 crore farmers.
- 2.5 crore farmers do not have Kisan credit card. The coverage of Kisan Credit Card Scheme will be expanded. It will also include fisheries and animal husbandry. They will be given a loan of Rs 2 lakh crore at a cheaper rate.
2) Migrant labor
- Shelter homes were arranged for migrant laborers during the Corona. The people of the city who are homeless have benefited directly.
- There are also plans for foreign workers who have returned to their home states. Rs 10,000 crore has been spent on it so far. Under this work has been done in 1.87 thousand gram panchayats. Workers who have returned to their home can register and work there. Wages under MGNREGA have been increased from Rs 182 to Rs 200.Are going to benefit the laborers.
- A minimum wage of 30 per cent can be availed by a worker. They don’t get paid on time. Legislation will be enacted to ensure that the poorest of the poor get the minimum wage and regional inequality is eliminated.
- There is a provision of Rs 3500 crore to provide free ration facility to 8 crore migrant laborers. 5-5 kg wheat or rice per person and one kg chickpea per family will be given. It will be the responsibility of the state governments to implement it.
- Plans to provide affordable housing to migrant workers and the urban poor. It will be included under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- If businessmen build such houses on their land, they will be given concessions. State governments should be encouraged to do the same.
4) Street vendor
- The street vendor will get a special credit facility of Rs 5,000 crore. The government will implement the scheme in a month. 50 lakh street vendors will benefit.
- Under this scheme, street vendors will get a benefit of Rs 10,000. They will be rewarded for adopting digital payments.
5) Small business
- Under the Mudra Shishu Loan, the benefit of 2% Interest Subvention Scheme on loans up to Rs 50,000 will be given for 12 months. 3 crore people will benefit from the subvention scheme
6) The common man
- Middle Income Group with an annual income of Rs 6 lakh to Rs 18 lakh. The credit link subsidy scheme for them under Affordable Housing is being extended till March 2021. It will benefit 2.5 lakh crore people
7) Employment creation
A campa fund of Rs 6,000 crore will be utilized for increasing employment in tribal areas, rural areas.
Read To Gujarati: Click Here