Pragati Scholarship is a government scholarship scheme implemented by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Under this scholarship scheme, a total of 5,000 scholarships are disbursed every year among meritorious girl students for pursuing technical education. An amount of INR 50,000 per annum is given to the scholarship winners for every year. Since its inception in the year 2014-15, thousands of girl students have been benefitted from the Pragati Scholarship scheme.
Highlights of Pragati Scholarship
|1.||Rewards||INR 50,000 per annum|
|2.||Eligibility||Girl students admitted to the 1st year of diploma/degree programme|
|3.||Application period*||October-December ( For the academic year 2020-21, the deadline is 31st October 2020 )|
|4.||Application process||Apply online through the National Scholarship Portal|
* The application period is subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Pragati Scholarship – Rewards
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship rewards a total of 5,000 scholarships to girl scholars. The details of the Pragati Scholarship amount are highlighted below.
- The selected students receive INR 50,000 per annum for every year of study as a lump sum amount towards –
- Payment of college fees
- Purchase of books
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of laptops and software
- Purchase of desktops
Pragati Scholarship – Important Dates
- In the year 2020 , the last date to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship is 31st October 2020 .
Pragati Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the Pragati Scholarship, the girl candidates must be studying in an AICTE approved college/institution. The details of AICTE Pragati Scholarship eligibility criteria is given below.
- Applicants must be admitted to the 1 st year or 2nd year (through lateral entry only) of technical diploma/degree programme of an AICTE approved college/institute in the current academic year through the centralised admission process of the State/Central Government.
- Two girls per family are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not be more than INR 8 lakh during the preceding financial year. In case the applicant is married, the income of parents/in-laws is considered, whichever is higher.
Pragati Scholarship – Application Process
To help applicants in the application process, AICTE allows them to fill the Pragati scholarship application form through the NSP Portal. Follow the steps highlighted below to fill the application form.
- First, the applicants need to register themselves on the NSP Portal by clicking on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Read the guidelines carefully and fill in all the details to complete the registration.
- After successful registration, the applicants will receive an application ID and password on their registered mobile number.
- Now, the candidates need to log in to the NSP Portal using their application ID and password to fill the Pragati application form.
- The applicants will be asked to change the password (a mandatory step).
- Thereafter, the applicants are required to fill the scholarship application form.
- The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the required documents and submit the application form.