- Commerce – Deals with courses on trade and business
- Science – Deals with courses in Medical sciences and Engineering
- Arts/Humanities – Deals with a very wide range of courses such as History, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, languages, Anthropology, Human Resources, journalism etc.
- Commerce can be illustrated as study of trade and business.
- The stream has been increasingly chosen by a large chunk of students after completion of 10th standard, due to its attractiveness in terms of finding early employment and also beginning of entrepreneurship.
Subjects which are offered in Commerce stream:
There are many degree and diploma courses which encompasses the Commerce stream. Some of the key subjects which are taught in the commerce stream are as below:
3. Business Studies and business law
- Some of the popular graduate courses offered through the commerce stream are B.Com, BBA, BMS, BBM, CFA, CA, ICWA, CFP etc.
- Mostly major commerce colleges offer subjects such as Business economics, financial accounting, Business communication, Marketing, Business law, Business finance, Auditing, Cost accounting, Income tax from which students has to choose their subject of interest.
- A student has to take total six subjects along with English and one additional subject.
Some important tests for Commerce pursuer after 10th standard examination:
There are some competitive examinations which can be appeared by a student after passing 10th examination which are mentioned below.
1. C.S Foundation course
2. C.A Foundation course
3. ICWA Foundation course
4. Business Studies
- It offers lucrative career options to students after 12th standard.
- It opens up the career options in Engineering and Medical sciences.
- The major subjects that are offered in the Science stream are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Mathematics, Biotechnology, and Computer Science.
- For anyone who wants to study Engineering has to study Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and those who want to study Medical sciences has to choose Biology as a main subject.
- A student has to take at least six subjects including English.
Also Read: Top 40 Science colleges in India – 2015
- Arts stream has a wide variety of subjects which can offer exciting opportunities.
- Selection of Arts stream after 10th examination enables to pave the way for choosing some other gripping careers.
- This stream offers subject History, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, English, Hindi and Sanskrit for the higher secondary level.
- But one has to opt for four compulsory subjects in addition to English and a Modern Indian Language.
- If anyone has interest to pursue a career in mass media, journalism, literature, sociology, social service, human psychology, politics, economics and history then you must choose Arts stream after passing 10th examination.
Join Whatsapp Click Here